Kaitlin was born at 25 weeks gest and spent 6 months, alone in an incubator and then crib, in high intensive care, before they sent her home with us...basically to die or live as a "vegetable". Not my words. And only something I know as hindsight. They said she would be fine, no promises. They didn't have a crystal ball. That was 2006. You can see about my amazing girls first two years at the link to www.ourkoolkid@blogspot.com. Kaitlin lapsed into a coma this time last year. I stopped blogging then. We were told to get the family together and not revive as she was completely screwed brainwise. Her dads and my marriage had collapsed by then. I was devestaed and it has been a rough year. But my wee girl pulled thru, and nothing I have experienced has come close to the resilience and recovery she underwent, even though we accepted she would die. She didn't. And I don't want to stop telling her story cos she amazes me every day. The last blog finished Oct 2008. I would like to share our new life and recovery from these trials. Me and my girl. But most importantly, Kaitlin and her strength, inspiration, resilience, and wackiness. A great kid. Who is my whole world. And if you are reading this, don't let anyone tell you what your children will or will not do....and sometimes, societies ideas of success, achievement and love, are very one dimensional and not really real. Welcome to the little world of a truly amazing wee girl. Thank you for visiting.......

Saturday, July 16, 2011

REST IN PEACE BABY GIRL

Kaitlin passed away in my arms on August 11 2010 after being on life support for one week with pneumonia after aspirating during a tonsillectomy. My life will never be the same......

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL GIRL - UNTILL WE MEET AGAIN,

LOVE, YOUR MUMMY
(I miss you) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment